One of my favorite parts of summer is enjoying food from the grill...notice how I didn't say cooking food on the grill. I leave that job to the Hubby :)
I love eating food that's been cheffed up by the Hubs from the grill :)
This Shrimp Boil is a ridiculously easy delish and fancy pants looking dinner you can easily whip up on a weeknight, dinner party or cookout/BBQ. It's so easy! Serve with some lemon wedges, crusty bread and a side salad. Boom your done and you have a fancy summer dinner!
I packed a bunch of foil packets full of shrimp, andouille sausage, par boiled corn on the cob, and baby red bliss potatoes. The meal cooks right in the foil and it is jam "packed" with so much flavor.
It's so ridiculously easy with such an impressive presentation! You can thank me later :)
1 1/2lb large shrimp, peeled and divined
1 package smoked anduouille sausage, sliced (you can find these in the hot dog section of your grocery store)
2 ears of corn, par boiled, each cut into 4 pieces
1 pound of baby red potatoes, halved
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons Cajun or old bay seasoning
2 tablespoons of parsley
1 lemon cut into wedges
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your grill, high heat.
2. Cut four sheets of aluminum foil approx 12 inches in length.
3. Combined shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes into large boil, mix with olive oil and seasoning.
4. Divide above ingredients into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil sheet. in a single layer. Add a lemon wedge on top of each.
5. Fold the foil sheet in half covering ingredients and fold the edges of the foil sheets sealing the packet closed.
6. Place foil packets on the grill and cooked until done approximately 15 mins or until done.
7. Serve immediately, use caution with the hot steam when opening the packets. (You can serve in the foil packets or open and add all the cooked ingredients into a pretty serving dish.)
That's it! So flipping easy and so good! Serve with your favorite crusty bread, salad or side of your choice.
Pro Tip: I removed the lemon wedges from the packets and added a plate of fresh lemon wedges when served.